Re: Diesel truck hitting wall at NFMS video February 15, 2014 07:35AM
What's new. They always have a problem. Never seen a good hook from either of their trucks.

Re: Diesel truck hitting wall at NFMS video February 15, 2014 09:42AM
Wonder how long their insurance will let all this happen. Wouldn't doubt they get dropped for next year. No buffer zone and ppl sitting right behind the cement. And making the super stocks drive through the sand and into the baracades at the end to get into the finals. They always do whatever they want down here. But at some point something bad can happen. But I hope I never does. I love pulling and all of the great ppl. Hopefully this year opens their eyes and gets their head out of their a$$!

Re: Diesel truck hitting wall at NFMS video February 16, 2014 12:23AM
Things happen, these trucks are really pushed hard. But sit and think about it, you and I know that the crowd comes to see this stuff so why would you even consider getting rid of wildest trucks of the show.

Re: Diesel truck hitting wall at NFMS video February 16, 2014 05:57AM
Truck or tractor this can happen to anyone, don't blame the trucks, it's obvious something broke in the steering system which made the truck uncontrollable. Tractors break all the time and so do trucks.....

CLOSE UP OF CARL ATLEY CRASH AT NFMS '14 February 15, 2014 05:27PM
Glad no one was hurt; this was quite the scare.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: CLOSE UP OF CARL ATLEY CRASH AT NFMS '14 February 16, 2014 08:38AM
We were in the second row directly in front of the crash. It was pretty freaky. There was absolutely no time to react.
The family in the row in front of us had the parents and a small boy with them and that was the only thing that went through my mind. A small piece of the concrete barrier shot up and hit me in the forehead, but thank the good Lord above no one was seriously injured. There was also an older couple in the first row in front of us that were really shaken up and scared.
I've grown up around truck & tractor pulling my whole life. This was just a really bad accident that the driver nor the facility could control.
To be honest, all I could think about was the little boy in front of us and that the truck was coming over the wall.
It was really scary, but as an avid fan of this sport, I know that's the risk you take when you sit that close to the track.
Just thanking God that everyone was okay and no one was seriously injured or worse =)

Re: Diesel truck hitting wall at NFMS video February 15, 2014 11:58PM
Just another pull from them guys, pretty common those trucks cant steer themselves

Re: Diesel truck hitting wall at NFMS video February 16, 2014 03:32AM
This is a dangerous situation , they need to remove those 2 front rows of seats. It is not just the trucks , with the speed of the Hotrods, Big Alcohol tractors and others someday one of these tractors is going to get wild and go over the wall or loose a rear tire and it go into the crowd. It is not a matter of if but when. People that sit that close are taking a huge risk. I hope it never happens but it could

Re: Diesel truck hitting wall at NFMS video February 16, 2014 12:11PM
bull
This is a dangerous situation , they need to remove those 2 front rows of seats. It is not just the trucks , with the speed of the Hotrods, Big Alcohol tractors and others someday one of these tractors is going to get wild and go over the wall or loose a rear tire and it go into the crowd. It is not a matter of if but when. People that sit that close are taking a huge risk. I hope it never happens but it could

Anyone that puts children in those areas and any promoter that allows it should be slapped with child endangerment charges. If any adult is that stupid to sit that close to a vehicle it's their decision. Allowing idiots to take children that close to these vehicles needs to be stopped. If they are too stupid, the promoter needs to be the responsible party.

Re: Diesel truck hitting wall at NFMS video February 16, 2014 12:24PM
Don't blame the parents. You don't get to choose where you want to sit. But I guess they could stay home and pulling could lose more fans. It all comes down to money. IMO, the first ten rows need to be removed and two rows of barriers put up. But it will never happen until someone gets hurt.

Re: Diesel truck hitting wall at NFMS video February 16, 2014 12:26PM
I agree with what you said, but killing those rows would mean potential loss of ticket sales so I doubt it happens. After having sat right up on the track and up in the upper level both multiple times, I don't know why anyone would want to be down next to the track anyway. Way better view up high.

Re: Diesel truck hitting wall at NFMS video February 16, 2014 12:31PM
spectator
Don't blame the parents. You don't get to choose where you want to sit. But I guess they could stay home and pulling could lose more fans. It all comes down to money. IMO, the first ten rows need to be removed and two rows of barriers put up. But it will never happen until someone gets hurt.

I sure will, and do blame the parents. If a parent is that stupid they shouldn't have children. No responsible parent or guardian would NEVER place a child in danger, because the only seats were in the middle of the track. And the promoter is the last line of defense of these children that are cursed with stupid parents. There is NO excuse for that child being at that barrier, NONE.

Re: Diesel truck hitting wall at NFMS video February 16, 2014 02:08PM
U have a better chance of being killed on the highway so I guess ur a stupid parent if u let ur child ride in a car until there 18 and an adult. There is always a risk in anything we do in life. The big guy upstairs decides when its our time to go. Accidents happen. Luckily no one was hurt but lets not go crazy. This is why our country has gone the way it has. Before u know it all spectators will have to go to a class and have a certificate that says u have been to the class before u can enter a pull!!!

Re: Diesel truck hitting wall at NFMS video February 16, 2014 07:33PM
Derek S
U have a better chance of being killed on the highway so I guess ur a stupid parent if u let ur child ride in a car until there 18 and an adult. There is always a risk in anything we do in life. The big guy upstairs decides when its our time to go. Accidents happen. Luckily no one was hurt but lets not go crazy. This is why our country has gone the way it has. Before u know it all spectators will have to go to a class and have a certificate that says u have been to the class before u can enter a pull!!!

You probably should refrain from Breeding. Accidents just don't happen.....They are the results of people that did not do their best to prevent it. This has nothing to do to the way our country has gone. Children die every day because two people create a child and they have no clue how they are to raise it. Good possibility it started with your parents or grandparents.

Re: Diesel truck hitting wall at NFMS video February 16, 2014 11:20PM
? for stupid were you a bubble baby ??? didn,t you get ur feet wet when you were told don,t go near the water ?

Re: Diesel truck hitting wall at NFMS video February 19, 2014 06:16AM
Couple thoughts on this particular incident. I honestly don't know how many times an incident like this has happened at the farm show where a side barrier has been struck, but in terms of statistical chance the likelihood of being sitting at the barrier when it is struck is very, very small. Stuff does happen and any knee jerk emotional reaction to the "issues" at the farm show pull (and yes, many of you HAVE reacted out of emotion, not reason) doesn't solve any problems. Having said that a second line of barriers might be the answer to help. it would narrow the track area and hinder some travel up and down the track but would ease some insurance concerns along the way. The barrier was deflected it appears between 18 and 30 inches in the video Ive seen, so placing 24-30 inches between the barrier sets would probably be a good move so that the first set could absorb the energy of impact, leaving the interior set untouched and spectators out of harms way.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Diesel truck hitting wall at NFMS video February 17, 2014 11:14AM
With your theory guess they should just seats on top of the sand pile. Antique pulls should not have people this close to a wall. Let alone with what there running. Your probably the guy I seen on the video raising his hands kook how cool I am. Not even knowing if somebody is hurt. For the spectators and the fan sake they need to have this fixed. Either the chairs go away or they add another wall closer to the track. I would not want someone to get hurt while I ways pulling. Someone getting killed would make national news and out a black eye on the sport and make it harder to grow. Grow up and acted like a responsible adult. You must be a Obummer voter.

Re: Diesel truck hitting wall at NFMS video February 16, 2014 02:24PM
spectator
You don't get to choose where you want to sit.

Depends on how you get your tickets.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Diesel truck hitting wall at NFMS video February 17, 2014 01:17AM
This is for stupid. How did you become the protector of mankind. If you like it or not we live in a world of odds. The stock market runs on it, manufactures live with it. Insurance companies make their living from it. How did you ever learn to do anything in life if you were not allowed to be exposed to risky situations? Did you learn to walk? If so was that in a padded cell? I am sure you were not allowed to learn to walk in your home. as you must know more accidents happen in the home than any where. Did you go to school? Many accidents happen there not to mention the shootings. I hope your were not allowed on any type of play ground equipment as a child ,we all know how dangerous that is. You should spend your time getting all of the parks closed that allow children under 18 years of to play on slides. How about amusement parks? You should go after them as they allow children in there. How do you justify the children that have been killed by air bags in cars? What about the children that died after getting a government ordered vaccine?I could go on for ever with examples of the risk we take in every day life. Lets face facts, danger sells. The way a free society works allows us to teach our children about life. Will some child get hurt in a situation like this? We do not know. We hope not .How many safety rules were in effect from the time this truck headed to the pull until the accident? I suggest to you there were more than you can list. We need to do what we can to be safe within reason. For someone to suggest parents should become criminals for caring enough for their children to include them in an event like this is plain STUPID. Be careful what you ask for. You may just get it. Hope you did not or do not allow your children to ever escape from the mothers womb. just to be safe.

Re: Diesel truck hitting wall at NFMS video February 17, 2014 06:57AM
the ohio cat was for sale in the puller magazine a while ago. did the truck sell? or was that the same truck carl atly drove at nfms? I know they had two, saw 1 for sale and never knew what happened. corey atly drove one right? or is he done pulling?

Re: Diesel truck hitting wall at NFMS video February 17, 2014 08:20AM
The original ohio cat truck was cory's, he now has that truck in the shop and is painted primer gray. I'm pretty sure the lethal weapon truck was redone to represent ohio cat. According to Cory's Facebook that was a new chassis and that was the first pass, I believe he said a tie rod broke.

Re: Diesel truck hitting wall at NFMS video February 17, 2014 01:46PM
thanks. so atley's still have it and will run this summer?

Re: Diesel truck hitting wall at NFMS video February 17, 2014 02:06PM
I have a way better idea! lets sell seats for the sand pile! last one out of their seat wins! Beer

Re: Diesel truck hitting wall at NFMS video February 17, 2014 02:50PM
I played that game with a bull at a couple of rodeos but that was a few years and miles ago. I would rather take my chance with the tractor and driver as the bull.

Re: Diesel truck hitting wall at NFMS video February 19, 2014 04:55AM
Sounds like fun to me! When can I buy tickets?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,614, Posts: 229,670, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,890.

Our newest member JD_8520